Navigate Up
Sign In
affiliates InternationalEducation
/affiliates/Style Library/ci_upload/7a342baf-63ff-4b56-bfb1-40c60c23c228n.jpg?rev=-992764220 /affiliates/Style Library/ci_upload/25dc0880-eb96-48ed-b504-6c5c86b5ba98n.png?rev=452493939 /affiliates/Style Library/ci_upload/cf5c7c53-a517-428e-b5e8-62644771122es.png?rev=599164284




View as a PDF :  English  Mandarin 
Ontario University Information
  • On-line applications are completed on Your guidance counsellors can assist you with the application process.
  • All university program information is available at Use this website to research any university program, entrance requirements and grade averages required by universities. Residence and scholarship information, as well as campus visitation information is also available on the site.
·        Students should be encouraged to visit the universities and so that they can address specific questions that they may have regarding their status, and the services available to International students at the university.
Ontario College 4Information
· has information regarding the application process for International students. Go to the Applying tab, and click on Applying to College as an International Student. Information regarding Academic Documents and Transcripts, English Language Proficiency, Fees and Finances, and Immigration Requirements can be found in this section.
·        Students can apply to any program as long as they meet the program requirements, however, priority is given to permanent residents of Ontario and Canada for highly competitive programs.
·        Students may only study as a full-time student.
University and College Requirements
  • University bound students must have ENG4U1 and 5 other U or M courses (which include the university program pre-requisites), in order to qualify for university.
  • Acceptance average is based on these six courses.
  • College bound students must have ENG 4C1 and required courses and averages for program choices.
  • Another useful website is -  a guide for college to university transfer
Language Requirements
·        Proof of English proficiency is required for students who have been in the country for 4 years or less.
·        English proficiency test, such as IELTS, will be required. For more information go to
· is a great resource and provides the language requirements for each of the Ontario universities. This can be found in the Printable PDF section of the website, under Language Requirements. Some universities may have their own English proficiency tests.
·        For colleges, official results from an English proficiency test, are sent to in sealed envelope from organization; some colleges may also ask students to take a college assessment test before being accepted as a full-time student.
Scholarships and Financial Assistance
·        Scholarship Information can be found at: ; ;
·        International students may not be eligible for all Canadian scholarships. Students should check criteria. Check websites such as: or  to check the availability status for International students.
·        When completing scholarship applications scholarships, check the criteria, dates of submission and any other important information. If letters of reference are requirement by your principal, guidance counselor or a teacher, please ensure that you provide enough time for them to complete these.
·        Students are not eligible for financial assistance from Canadian government but can pursue scholarship information available at: EduCanada: Scholarships for International Students; and The Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials.
Heading to a University in the States
·        SAT or ACT evaluation must be written by students planning to attend university in the United States. Information is available at
Study Permit and Visa Information
·        Information regarding student permit extensions can be found at,
·        A study permit allows a student to study at a Canadian college or university. It is required for the duration of a student’s studies. A visa allows a person to enter Canada, depending on the citizenship status, a student may need a visa in addition to a study permit to enter Canada as an International student. Please review this with your custodian/parent.
·        Renewal applications should be submitted a minimum of 3 months in advance.