As we continue to celebrate our Year of the Parish we want to know what makes your pastor and/or your parish unique.
Students are invited to create a short video, an original song, or piece of original artwork, write a short story or poem, or express themselves in any way artistically to highlight the relationship that the students have with the local parish and/or the priest/pastor at their church.
Remember that this does not have to be an additional assignment. Why not use the pastor/parish theme for a regular classroom lesson--whether that be a writing exercise, a poetry writing session or visual art project.
“Promote Your Parish” and let’s celebrate the many ways that our parishes and our parish priests contribute to our schools and communities.
We will be sharing the submissions via the board’s website as well as Twitter.
We look forward to celebrating Parish Family Day at the Catholic Education Centre with representatives from our schools and our parishes as we gather for First Friday Mass, and participate in a showcase that will highlight our student’s vision of what makes their parishes and pastors unique.Deadline for submissions: Friday, April 7, 2017
Special note: Please ensure that students have signed consent forms for the use of their creations, and that they identify themselves only by first name and last initial, and the school that they belong to.
In addition, we hope that all our schools will recognize Parish Family Day by connecting with their local parishes and using this as an opportunity to show how much we appreciate their involvement and support in our schools throughout the year. Consider a local event, or something in partnership with other schools affiliated with your parish.
We look forward to hearing from all of our school communities as we continue to celebrate the Family-Parish-School relationship.
- Written material (poems, essays, letters) should be sent via email as a word document.
- Photographs should be sent digitally. Please ensure that the photograph is high resolution (300 dpi or greater).
- Original artwork should be labelled with name of student and name of school and sent via board courier. Artwork will be returned later in the Spring. If too cumbersome to ship, the artwork can be photographed or scanned at a high resolution (300 dpi or greater).
- Videos can be uploaded to your own Youtube channel. Share the link via email with firstname.lastname@example.org, or send your video on DVD, or USB to:
The Communications Department
80 Sheppard Avenue East, North York, ON M2N 6E8
Attention: Emmy Szekeres Milne
Should your material be too large to submit via email, you may upload to google drive. Please note detailed instructions below:
2) Log in with any Google account (TCDSB or personal).
3) Create a new folder (Click on the New button > Folder menu option) with your school name
Type in your school name and press the Create button
4) Open the Folder by double clicking it
5) Click the New (button) > File Upload (menu option)
6) Browse for all files to be uploaded (Video, Media Release Forms, associated files), either one file at a time or by selecting multiple files/folders, and press the Open button
7) Files will begin uploading (based on the speed of your internet connection)
a. Folders & Files will be removed from share as they are processed.
b. If you need to modify any of your files or add additional, please repeat Steps 1-8 if your folder is not in the Parish Project Share folder
c. Please take care and do not delete any other school’s content