Sign In
schools holyfamily holyfamily 01086528-C439-43D5-B809-8AB3E400282F 5660
/schools/Style Library/ci_upload/4af4597d-be38-43d6-994c-2c19ea3814cen.png?rev=-416553082

Toronto Catholic District School Board

School History And Tradition
 
In 1902 Holy Family Catholic School opened with three rooms to serve the needs of Parkdale’s Catholic community. The school was under the direction of the principal, Sister Ernestine, and two Loretto sisters.  Additional rooms were added in 1911 as the community grew.  In 1933 an additional teacher was hired to assume teaching duties as one class had 64 students.  As enrolment continued to increase additional rooms were added in 1957 and 1965.  A major addition in 1982 added the current gymnasium, library and more classrooms.  Finally, the school in its present form was completed with the addition of classrooms and a community centre in 1999.Holy Family Catholic School
To read the original corner stone which is enclosed on the west face of the current structure, “School of the Holy Family” reminds all of the indelible influence of the Loretto Sisters on the early students of our school and their continuing legacy. As pioneers in education in their time, the Loretto Sisters fostered and nurtured Catholic education and the pursuit of academic excellence. Our school community today bears witness to their dedication through a kindness, compassion and concern for each other.