Welcome to Week 31 (April 22-26)
Welcome to week 31! We hope everyone had a blessed Easter Weekend with family and loved ones. On Wednesday, we thank and honour our terrific administrative assistants/secretaries on Administrative Professionals’ Day. We invite everyone to come by the main office and Student Services to thank them for all that they do!
Reminders for the week:
· Parent-teacher interviews are on Tuesday, April 23, in the gym from 3:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Teachers, please be sure to invite your advisees’ parents/guardians to attend.
· This week is Earth Week. Events include a civvies day on Wednesday where everyone is encouraged to wear green for $2, and the annual Mary Ward clean-up during period four and five.
· Students on the trip to France return April 26. We are all looking forward to hearing about your experiences!
This Week’s Schedule:
Monday, April 22
· Easter Monday
Tuesday, April 23 – Day 4
· Staff/student/parent uniform committee meeting – 3:00 p.m. in the office conference room
· Parent-Teacher Interviews 3:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. in the gym
· SSPA Meeting – Magee unavailable
Schedule for the day
TA check-in 8:40 – 8:55 a.m.
Period 1 9:00 – 9:55 a.m.
Period 2 9:55 – 10:50 a.m.
Period 3 10:50 – 11:45 a.m.
Lunch 11:45 – 12:30 p.m.
TA check-in 12:30 – 12:35 p.m.
Period 4 12:35 – 1:30 p.m.
Period 5 1:30 – 2:20 p.m.
Wednesday, April 24 – Day 5
· Administrative Assistants’ Day
· Exchange of Info @ Epiphany of Our Lord, 9:30 a.m., @ St. Sylvester, 11:00 a.m., @ St. Aiden, 1:00 p.m., Zabana, Torossian unavailable
· Green Quest Civvies Day – Wear Green for $2
· Sr. Business Trip to Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada, depart @ 11:45 a.m., return @ 5:00 p.m., Ventura/Pezzetta/Scarano unavailable
· ONSIS – Cardinale and Sosniak unavailable
Thursday, April 25 – Day 6
· Exchange of Info @ St. Maria Goretti, 9:30 a.m. Zabana, Torossian unavailable @ St. Albert, 1:00 p.m. Zabana, Torossian unavailable
· Department Heads Meeting @ 2:00 p.m.
· Stone Soup @ 3:00 p.m.
· Wong off
Friday, April 26 – Day 7 –Unit 14 Suggested Target Date
· Clean Toronto School Cleanup, Green Industry students @ Mary Ward grounds, Per. 4&5, Bozek unavailable
· PPL301/401 Trip to Birchmount Gymnastics Centre, depart @ 12:00 p.m., dismissed @ 2:45 p.m., Peets unavailable
· Unit 14 Suggested Target Date.
· WWJD-Aid to Women, depart @ 10:00 a.m., return @ 2:00 p.m., Dabbagh unavailable
- Adrenalyn Dance Competition, depart @2:30pm, dismissed from site @9pm. Harnum unavailable
· Sosniak off
· Cardinale off
Sports/Clubs (Home Games Noted):
Please check our Google Mary Ward Sports Calendar by clicking on “School Calendar” on the left side panel, then “Calendar of Events”, and “Mary Ward Sports”. Come on out and support our teams! Because the list can get very long, we’ll try publicizing just the HOME games.
· Girls Soccer @ Ward, 3:00 p.m., Coaches: Rossi, Ventura, Gintoli
· Jr. Boys' Volleyball Game @ Ward vs Brebeuf, 3:00 p.m., Coaches: Harrison, J. Sahlani
· Boys Rugby Game @ MW field vs OCS, 3:00 p.m., Coaches: Kennedy/Peets
· Thank you to Bullock, Lena, Da Costa, Rossi, Uthayakumar, Waud, Titus, Gintoli, and Marzewski for the SSLN Day. Our visitors from neighbouring elementary schools had a positive experience where students were very engaged while doing math.
· Congratulations to Mr. Notten and the Ward Table Tennis team for a successful performance! In addition to gold medal performances by two of our doubles teams, five students were also recognized for demonstrating the epitome of sportsmanship. The Mary Ward community is so proud of everyone!