Navigate Up
Sign In
schools msgrpercyjohnson msgrpercyjohnson 57D983B8-5B64-40B5-A4A6-4B0452B1D931 8538
/schools/Style Library/ci_upload/56100249-7405-4b85-ba9f-fb548750833an.png?rev=-407408386 /schools/Style Library/ci_upload/674a9f7e-1683-4ebb-be35-3178bcfcb826s.png?rev=-172419016

English Language Proficiency for International Students

If you are applying to a program taught in English, and if English is not your first language, proof of English proficiency is required. If you are applying to a program taught in French, you may need to complete a Test for Evaluating French to determine your French language skills.

English Language Testing

The following three services evaluate language skills of people whose first language is not English. Contact the college/university you wish to attend to find out what test and score is needed there.

  • Test of English As a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
    Telephone: 1.877.863.3546

  • International English Language Testing System (IELTS)

  • Canadian Academic English Language Assessment (CAEL)
    Telephone: 1.855.520.2235

If you have taken language tests other than those listed above, please contact the college’s or university's international department to determine whether they will meet language testing requirements.

Some colleges/universities may also ask you to take a college language assessment test and / or enroll in an English as a Second Language program before being accepted as a full-time student in a college program.

English Upgrading

Many colleges/universities offer English as a Second Language programs to help you improve your language skills. Contact the International Office at the college/university of your choice for more information.​