Sign In
schools ourladyofvictory ourladyofvictory 6191C285-F234-4E97-8DA9-B663199AECE0 5685
/schools/Style Library/ci_upload/c6849b91-de27-4d02-a293-131e41339e4en.png?rev=-1297941647 /schools/Style Library/ci_upload/2aac7525-7422-4f53-a432-91be9e38a5d0s.png?rev=-378054395

Toronto Catholic District School Board

School History And Tradition

On January 2nd, 1944, His Grace Archbishop McGuigan blessed and formally opened Our Lady of Victory Catholic School. The original school had three classrooms, 93 students and three teachers. A Sister of Loretto, Mother Camilla Schwalm, was the founding principal of this fledgling school.

In 1951, the school came under the direction of the Faithful Companions of Jesus, with Mother Eleanor Wilson as the principal for the next 25 years.

As the population of Mount Dennis increased, various renovations and additions continued to be made to the school. Today, Our Lady of Victory School, under the guidance of our Pastor, Father John Papagno and the assistance of our parents, serves an urban community with a rich multicultural and ethnic mix of students representing a variety of languages and countries.

On June 5, 1994, the school celebrated its 50th anniversary. Well over 2,000 people took advantage of this opportunity to reflect on happy memories and celebrate accomplishments.

A new school facility was completed and officially opened in 2004.

The staff pledges to uphold the traditions we have inherited. We strive to instill pride in personal effort, the value of respect for others and commitment to our faith.