The school is developing programs which are consistent with Ministry of Education documents.
Emphasis is also being placed on increasing the computer literacy of the students. A major goal for this year is to acquire more French software to enhance the program being taught in the classroom.
The school program includes:
- the teaching of Gospel values, liturgical celebrations, and sacramental preparation
- a superb bilingual French Immersion setting, starting in Senior Kindergaten for those with no previous exposure to French
- regular communication with parents during interviews, information meeting, monthly newsletters and an active School Council
- an exciting approach to technological instruction through participation in the Hands on IT Project
- on-going interaction with the Faculty of Education (York University) through its student teacher
Our school is an Early Immersion school, which means that the French Immersion instructional program beings in Full Day combined Junior/Senior Kindergarten classes rooted in the Revised Ontario Full Day Kindergarten curriculum adn enhanced through play-based and experiential learning. Instruction in English recommences in Grade 3 for 25% of the day. By Grade 8, the children are essentially bilingual in Canada's two official languages.
After-Four Children’s Enrichment Programs
The ACE After-School Program runs from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. weekdays for students from Grades SK-8. Children within our local community may enroll to take advantage of a wide variety of courses and activities.
Starting this September 2016, the YMCA will offer an official Before and After School Kindergarten Age program, which runs from 7:30 to 8:45 a.m. and 3:30-6 p.m. in our new Kindergarten wing.