The property comprises approximately 10,000 s.f. in three buildings, House, Coach-house and Storehouse. These three buildings are arranged around a landscaped courtyard at the main entrance to the new Senator O’Connor College High School. The uses of the O’Connor House must be compatible with those of Senator O’Connor College High School.
The Senator O’Connor Estate, known as Maryvale Farm, was constructed in 1933 and is an attractive example of Colonial Revival architecture. There is beauty and balance in both the exterior design and the inner workings of the buildings.
A magnificent asset of heritage architecture, the O’Connor House embodies the history of the Lawrence Avenue area of Toronto from the Don Valley Parkway to Victoria Park and highway 401.
Check out an article with photos of the O'Connor Estate here:
The Globe and Mail: Restored O'Connor estate embarks on a new life