Senator O’Connor College School was founded in 1963 by the Brothers of the Christian Schools and the Daughters of Wisdom. Senator O’Connor was the first Catholic Secondary School in Toronto intended for both boys and girls.
The school is named in honour of the late Senator Frank O’Connor who donated the O’Connor family home which still stands in the middle of the campus.
The school motto is “Audax et Fidelis”, which may be translated as “courageous and faithful”. We have tried to live up to the intent of this motto by fidelity to the teachings and moral values of our Catholic faith.
Our new building which opened September 2005 is now home to more than 1100 students.
PLC (Professional Learning Community)
O’Connor prides itself on being a professional learning community where teachers work collaboratively to share resources and strategies in order to enrich all aspects of learning in the classroom.
Toronto Catholic District School Board