Students must be in full uniform in the classrooms, halls and cafeteria as well as the office area. Students not in full uniform will be sent home to change into proper uniform.
• OCS McCarthy’s monogrammed white or blue golf shirt, short or long sleeved, or OCS McCarthy’s blue polo sweater;
• Only short sleeved white t-shirts are allowed under the OCS top;
• T-shirts MUST be tucked into pants;
NOTE: All tops MUST have the OCS monogram. No other tops and/or sweaters are allowed. OCS Phys Ed sweat shirts are not acceptable outside of the gym.
• No white dress shirts are allowed.
• McCarthy’s grey dress pants or comparable dress pants in material, style and colour. Pants may not be altered to look like anything other than dress pants.
• No shorts, cargo pants, yoga pants, or track pants are allowed.
• All black shoes with black laces are mandatory;
• All black dress shoes are preferred;
• All black running shoes are permitted;
Sandals, flip-flops, slippers, clogs, moccasins or high boots are not allowed.
• Hats, headgear, du-rags, bandanas or scarfs are not allowed and will be confiscated. All head gear must be left in the locker while in the school building.
• Chains, excessive jewelry, belts and pointed studs are not allowed.
• Everything worn above the waist must have the OCS monogram sewn on. No baseball caps or headwear are allowed. Students who do not comply with uniform regulations will be sent home.
On civvies days, students may not wear undershirts, halter tops, headgear, “chained” accessories, “studded” accessories, or any items of clothing which are deemed inappropriate by the Standards of a Catholic School.
Dress Code in TCDSB Schools
All Elementary schools within the jurisdiction of the Board shall adopt an Appropriate Dress Code or Uniform Dress Code.
All Secondary schools within the jurisdiction of the Board shall adopt a Uniform Dress Code.
Parents are encouraged to review the local dress code at their child’s school and to direct their questions to the principal of the school.