Navigate Up
Sign In
schools senatoroconnor senatoroconnor 2A2CF550-853A-4731-95BA-49A1EC2114C2 8515
/schools/Style Library/ci_upload/4e15117f-c4e8-4954-a75a-8a9faf891fbcn.png?rev=790943740 /schools/Style Library/ci_upload/4cfee844-3dee-4bf7-b336-243ea6c34a2cs.png?rev=-1373110932

December 20 2016 Update on Portables


December 20, 2016
Dear Parent/Guardian:
In the latest communication we had shared with you on November 11th, we had suggested that portables could be in place by Christmas as long as the Board was successful in obtaining a building permit in a timely manner.
Unfortunately the Board has advised us that the building permit has not yet been approved by the City of Toronto due the large volume of requests being processed. Board staff are continuing their efforts to ensure the City’s Planning Office expedites the necessary approvals as soon as possible. 
Board staff are also in conversation with the portable movers and the recommendation is that the move be postponed until the new year once the ground is frozen, and it is safe for heavy machinery to manoeuver in that area. The balance of the site work would be completed in the spring when the weather is warmer.
Given the delays with the permit approval process, and the current weather and ground conditions, TCDSB staff are reviewing the proposed schedule and project timing to determine a plan for installation of the portables in the new year.
Your patience is greatly appreciated.

Maia Puccetti

Superintendent of Facilities



cc. Trustee


You can download the December 20, 2016 Update on Portables here.