Sign In
schools stambrose stambrose 27E028C0-AA3D-40F7-8417-7E2E911F5ABC 5697
/schools/Style Library/ci_upload/78ad39ea-2158-4d78-8fee-12ff82350db3n.png?rev=1017806068 /schools/Style Library/ci_upload/4f46c369-6687-4e1a-b049-561ed47f3cebs.png?rev=935836940

Toronto Catholic District School Board

School History And Tradition

St. Ambrose School Logo
St. Ambrose Catholic School has a rich tradition upon which the present school continues to build. Established by the Etobicoke Union Board to meet the needs of the new Alderwood community, Sister Verona with her staff of six teachers opened the original school in 1954. The opening day enrollment was 302 students. As South Etobicoke continued to grow throughout the 50's and 60's, our school met the demands of the increased population with two separate expansions (1962 & 1966). During that time, the parents of many current students graduated from St. Ambrose. Today, the school continues the tradition of providing a quality education for its students as they prepare for the challenges of the 21st century.
 
Our school crest incorporates the faith and character of our patron saint on a background of the TCDSB logo. St. Ambrose, a German scholar and lawyer elected as Bishop of Milan (346 AD), was the first to introduce music to the liturgy.