Sign In
schools stangela stangela 88389401-2EDD-4A62-87AB-D979B522024B 5787
/schools/Style Library/ci_upload/9233ed34-3423-4348-bbbc-bb305ec2dbb3n.png?rev=-1502705985 /schools/Style Library/ci_upload/d4abbdbe-d5a9-4b42-a73e-57b5b22b9123s.png?rev=-1347338952

Toronto Catholic District School Board

School History And Tradition

 

St. Angela Catholic School opened in 1973 and is currently one of three elementary schools in St. Andrew Parish.  Our school was named after St. Angela Merici, one of the great figures in the history of Catholic education.  Born in 1474 at Desenzano, a small town in Italy, St. Angela became convinced that the great need of her time was better instruction for young girls in the rudiments of religion.

She began her educational work by gathering the little girls of the town into her home daily and teaching them the elements of Christianity.  Her work was extremely successful and in 1535 she founded the Ursuline Order, the first teaching order of women established by the Church.  For four centuries the Ursuline Sisters have carried on the work of educating young girls in the spirit of their saintly Foundress.
  
The tradition of cooperation between parish, home and school has been evident throughout the 39 years of our school's history.  The staff, students, parents and priests pray, work and learn together embracing the motto of St. Angela school: Bienveillance, Sharing and Caring".