Sign In
schools stanselm stanselm 3A0C137A-C2A2-418B-881D-C7697429CE53 5682
/schools/Style Library/ci_upload/35e0085e-d1b5-4388-b434-7b5e7ace380dn.png?rev=-1797794482 /schools/Style Library/ci_upload/ebeeaab9-a011-40a6-8983-b2031d014b41s.png?rev=-2042097046

Toronto Catholic District School Board

St. Anselm History And Tradition

 

St. Anselm School was opened in September 1939 with two classrooms. Miss Mary Breen was the first principal.  The school is named after St. Anselm, Archbishop of Canterbury. This renowned saint is an excellent role model for the students as he personifies great courage and outstanding scholarship.

 

St. Anselm 1940's
Additions were built in 1943, 1947 and 1951. The library and gymnasium were added in 1966.

 

 

In 1997, the Toronto Catholic District School Board approved funds for the demolition of the 1938 and 1943 wings and the construction of a two-story addition. During the construction all of the students were transported to 1107 Avenue Road, now the location of Marshall McLuhan High School. Staff and Students moved back to the newly built and renovated school in May 1998.

 

St. Anselm Catholic School has a long tradition of excellence and continues to maintain strong ties with St. Anselm Catholic Church. We celebrate mass on a monthly basis, each classroom teacher takes the responsibility to organize a monthly mass.