Sign In
schools stcharles stcharles 949468C4-DB11-4BEE-8C2A-7B715443374C 5688
/schools/Style Library/ci_upload/fb7b01d7-d253-4ced-8ebc-44c7a6dbee89n.png?rev=1457680904 /schools/Style Library/ci_upload/52399ca8-b78f-48a1-a9fe-d8c471c6a6d2s.png?rev=1267255384

Toronto Catholic District School Board

School History And Tradition

CharlesBorromeo.jpg
 

Opened in the fall of 1952, St. Charles Catholic School was one of the first Catholic schools established in the south central area of North York. At the time it served a newly established development in a rural setting. During the late 50s, 60s, and 70s and well into the 80s the school met the needs of a predominantly Italian Canadian community, but now reflects a more diverse group of approximately 250 students.

 

St. Charles Borromeo, the patron saint of the school, devoted his life to the welfare of the church. He was instrumental in reassembling the Council of Trent in 1562. His feast day is celebrated November 4th.