Sign In
schools stdenis stdenis B77B3535-4FC7-4A8F-8663-D9D9652D8AAC 5745
/schools/Style Library/ci_upload/977a12bf-73f8-4d07-96d8-e5a73d3dc0f6n.png?rev=513816807 /schools/Style Library/ci_upload/44d79b58-68f5-4b05-9b80-26d5338cf47bs.png?rev=-1315776223

Toronto Catholic District School Board

School History And Tradition
 
 
St. Denis Catholic School opened its doors in September 1966. The school is named after the first bishop of Paris and patron saint of France, St. Denis, who was martyred for the faith on Montmatre, the mount of the martyrs. At the official opening on March 22, 1967 the school was dedicated to Rt. Rev. Denis O'Connor DPVF zealous pastor, devoted educator and faithful friend. He was the pastor of St. John's Church from 1932-1966 and a Metropolitan Separate School Board (now Toronto Catholic District School Board) trustee from 1947 to 1956. St. Denis has St.Denis Catholic schoolearned a well deserved reputation in the community offering a balanced core program combining the teaching of the gospel values, arts, language, math, science and technology and self and society. The school is committed to strong literacy and math programs to provide students with the tools and understanding for life long learning.