Sign In
schools stgregory stgregory 20FBF85E-F482-46ED-850A-F7E773FD16DD 5700
/schools/Style Library/ci_upload/3bbf6186-d801-41fd-a29f-f6b7f2acdab0n.png?rev=1860841406 /schools/Style Library/ci_upload/de4d5806-28d8-4068-b432-4f6dbc80c73bs.png?rev=1374015240

Toronto Catholic District School Board

School History and Tradition

St. Gregory School building
Our school was named after St. Gregory the Great. He was the first monk to become a Pope and was known as a doctor and teacher of the church.

The original school was established in 1956 with additions in 1960 and 1965. During a period of declining enrolment in the mid 70's, St. Gregory Catholic School's top floor served as the west end regional office and audio visual centre.

Students are drawn from the catchment area bounded by Eglinton Avenue West to the north and Burnhamthorpe Road to the south, the East Mall to the west and Islington Avenue to the east.



In 1982 our Catholic School Advisory Council began petitioning our school board for an expansion and renovation. In the spring of 1995, the Provincial government announced funding for a new school, which opened in 1998.
 
We celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the school 1956-1957 in the 2006-2007 school year.

​