Sign In
schools stjohntheevangelist stjohntheevangelist EE1FE085-00E8-4197-91E2-0D49235F9959 5683
/schools/Style Library/ci_upload/0c52e79b-a28c-4399-b4ec-eb449234fa8an.png?rev=1540763589 /schools/Style Library/ci_upload/42a6df85-5924-4703-9d7e-baa1ddfa5bdfs.png?rev=224273671

Toronto Catholic District School Board

School History And Tradition

St. John the Evangelist Catholic School has its roots in Weston dating to 1853. Under the guidance of the Basilian Fathers, the congregation grew thus resulting in a need for Catholic instruction. As early as 1856, Catholic children received instruction in the church sacristy which became the first “school”. It was not until 1921 that a four-room modern school replaced the “school house”.

 
The Loretto Sisters' (IBVM) dedication to teaching enabled St. John the Evangelist to flourish and grow. The Faithful Companions of Jesus guided St. John's school from 1951 through to the 1980s. Sister Eleanor was the last principal affiliated with a religious order.


It is our goal to help our students increase in their faith development as they move toward achieving the Catholic Graduate expectations.