Sign In
schools stjoseph stjoseph 1868B649-835C-4836-967F-F3FBEF3676B6 5658
/schools/Style Library/ci_upload/abf4f10c-b7e7-4545-b818-8ea41c4b7d81n.png?rev=-2068123290 /schools/Style Library/ci_upload/b4be74c2-3540-45b5-97ec-6da52d64910as.png?rev=2071913078

Toronto Catholic District School Board

School History And Tradition

St. Joseph Catholic School was first established in 1863 as a combined church/school in the town of Leslieville. At that time it was part of the parish of St. Paul. In 1878 St. Joseph Parish was established.

In 1871 a two-room brick school was built on the west end of a 55-foot lot running from Curzon Street to Leslie Street on the property owned by the Archdiocese of Toronto. Easter Pagent

 In 1904 the Board authorized the construction of a new four-room school on Leslie Street just north of St. Joseph Church. During the years 1912, 1916, 1952 and 1973 some demolition and addition took place.

The primary building on Curzon Street, about 100 metres to the south and across the street, was built in 1962 with a major addition in 1973. This building is no longer used by St. Joseph School but is rented for other various uses. Our enrolment expanded at the start of the 2000-2001 school year as we welcomed students from Corpus Christi, St. Ann and St. William Catholic School, which were closed in June of 2000. All students are housed at the Leslie street location.