Sign In
schools stlawrence stlawrence 4040E96C-37EB-489D-A467-211F6957DAAF 5702
/schools/Style Library/ci_upload/578d5683-01e5-43cd-b0d2-68ea7aaf75f8n.png?rev=-1772061230 /schools/Style Library/ci_upload/20a310be-5748-400b-9e53-88a2c6e6464cs.png?rev=1966938466

Toronto Catholic District School Board

School History And Tradition

St. Lawrence is one of the most venerated martyrs of the Roman Catholic Church. He is known for his service to others, especially those in need. He is the patron saint of Rome, cooks and the poor.

 St. Lawrence Catholic School was built in 1956. By 1962 the population had almost doubled and six classrooms were added. A second addition in 1966 included a double kindergarten room, a library and a gymnasium.

 In August 1994, the first phase of the site improvement plan was completed. This included the widening of the bus lane and grading the front of the school to create a safe bus pickup zone.

St. Lawrence has a long tradition of welcoming new Canadians. At present, more than 37% of our student population were born outside of Canada and 43% of our students speak a language other than English in their homes. To meet the needs of our immigrant population, St. Lawrence has English as a second language (ESL) classes and a variety of special classes and services. Adult ESL classes have also been offered on the weekend at St. Lawrence and during the summer months.