Sign In
schools stlouis stlouis 4E5B553D-EBA5-4BF8-B384-56EBD3897289 5759
/schools/Style Library/ci_upload/802e4999-ad0c-411f-8430-fa618c91861en.png?rev=-1197292998 /schools/Style Library/ci_upload/1b638e34-7c1e-4f9b-a8a4-4d704f8ac3ffs.png?rev=2005520926

Toronto Catholic District School Board

School History And Tradition


St. Louis Catholic School began as a simple seven-room schoolhouse which first opened its doors on September 2, 1947. At that time it was part of the Combined Roman Catholic Separate Schools Board of the Township of Etobicoke. In the first year, there were 71 students from grades 1 to 8, with two teachers: Sister Mary Assumpta was the first principal of St. Louis. It was she who established the school motto of “faith, friends and fulfillment”.

In the years that followed, the school continued to grow. In 1962, the school gained an addition of five classrooms and a library. In 1967, St. Louis joined the Metropolitan Separate School Board (now Toronto Catholic District School Board) family. In 1968, a gymnasium and three more classrooms were added. In 1990, the original schoolhouse was torn down. The addition and renovations which make up the present building were completed in 1992.

St. Louis continues to grow in numbers, having more than doubled its population in recent years. The traditions of “faith, friends and fulfillment” continue to be an important part of the life of the school after more than 50 years in existence.