Sign In
schools stpaschalbaylon stpaschalbaylon FEED3AC5-12CD-48AE-9B50-803CBBF6086A 5720
/schools/Style Library/ci_upload/5bebd300-06cf-4e72-b166-f5efd493627en.png?rev=-980684544 /schools/Style Library/ci_upload/2a2d69d5-f1d2-4b2a-b9d4-8a366f2332d1s.png?rev=1454579144

Toronto Catholic District School Board

School History And Tradition

St. Paschal Baylon Catholic School opened its doors to 437 students and staff in 1961 at the Shetland Street and Moore Avenue site (since renamed St. Paschal Ct. and Moore Park Avenue). In 1966 three classrooms, a library and a gymnasium were added to the original 13 classroom building.

The school was named after St. Paschal Baylon (1540-1592), a Spanish Franciscan monk who was characterized by his devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary and the Holy Eucharist.  The school maintains a close connection with our Parish, St. Paschal Baylon.

Over the years the community has evolved from being mainly Italian, to a very multicultural mix of students, with particular representation from the Philippine community.  Our supportive, cooperative and involved parent community contributes to a safe and welcoming learning environment for our students.