School History and Tradition
St. Patrick Catholic Secondary School
has a strong tradition which dates back to 1852 with the founding of our
elementary school in downtown Toronto. In 1986 our present secondary school
opened on D'Arcy Street, and in 1989 the school was moved to our present
location on Felstead Avenue. The school had undergone major renovations and
design and the updated facilities included the creation of construction and
communication technology suites, theatre and visual arts rooms, upgraded areas
for students with multiple exceptionalities and the addition of a daycare.
The school facility lends itself to a
great deal of diverse programming. Specialty areas include a pool, weight room,
aerobics and dance studios, construction suite, culinary arts, bakery and
servery, 500-seat auditorium and two music studios with recording capability.
Our population, our modern
facilities, program diversity and wide range of curricular and co-curricular
activities allow us to reflect and serve the entire community and fully prepare
all students for post-secondary education and careers.