The Science Department of St. Patrick Catholic Secondary School seeks to provide students of all academic levels and pathways with opportunities to learn and master science practices necessary to responsibly and successfully handle the challenges of the world. Science programs are aligned with the Ontario Curriculum and Next Generation Science Standards. Science programs are delivered in a safe and non-threatening laboratory environment that provides opportunities for all students to collaboratively investigate, practice critical thinking and solve conceptual and real-world problems. The emphasis in the Science Department is on promoting engagement through STSE context-based inquiry and this focus extends through each level to our Pre-AP course.
- Each student possesses the ability to learn.
- Each student deserves a safe and supportive learning environment.
- Communication among parents, faculty, staff, students, and members of the community is essential, and all are responsible for student success.
- Each student can maximize learning through student-led inquiry, career based educational opportunities integrated with business, government, and the community at large.
- Provide students with a relevant, varied and challenging program of study.
- Essential to use student achievement data and program evaluations to ensure continuous improvement.
Students working on animal dissection.
Science Toy Fair - student demonstrating a project.