Sign In
schools sttimothy sttimothy 92654C42-1FA9-44B9-A928-D8628FFF09DB 5735
/schools/Style Library/ci_upload/49272726-9c6e-439c-8988-b4f3f86d6de6n.png?rev=1277089735

Toronto Catholic District School Board

School History And Tradition

St. Timothy Catholic School is located in the historic Henry Farm community of Don Mills. Henry Farm was settled in 1806 by Henry Mulholland, a native of Clones, County Monaghan, Ireland. Mulholland later sold the farm, but his great grandson, George Stewart Henry, reacquired it in 1898. Henry was the tenth Premier of Ontario from 1930-34. Ten days before his death in 1958, Henry sold his farm for two million dollars to the developers of the present day neighborhood. Henry's house, called “Oriole Lodge”, still stands as a private residence at 17 Manorpark Court located just around the corner from the present day St. Timothy  School.

Henry Farm was developed into a housing subdivision in the 1960s. Today, most of the Henry Farm neighborhood is low density suburban housing. The neighborhood is bordered by townhouse developments which are now primarily social housing. There are also two high-rise apartment buildings, Havenbrook Towers, at the southeast corner of this community, and numerous other high-rise buildings within close proximity to the original Henry Farm neighborhood.

St. Timothy Catholic School first opened its doors in 1964. The original enrolment was 172 students as the new school competed with the many of the smaller schools in the vicinity. Over the next few years; however, the school experienced significant growth – enough to warrant and expansive addition that was built in 1970 to accommodate the increase in student population which then stood at over 600.

The first graduating class of 1965 consisted of 13 Grade 8 students. At that time, the school was under the charge of St. Timothy’s first Principal, Mr. Tony Reffle. He officially retired from our the school board in 2003. The 2010/11 graduating class consisted of nearly 100 Grade 8’s representing a very diverse cross section of a very multicultural, multilingual community. The student enrolment holds consistent around 600.

The Toronto Catholic District School Board celebrated the 50th anniversary of its incorporation as the “Metropolitan Separate School Board” on April 2, 2003. That same year, the original St. Timothy school building was knocked down and construction began on the new school. The new school was constructed and re-opened in September 2004/05, revealing a brand-new state-of-the art school facility, large enough to house the entire St. Timothy school population, without the need for multiple portables.

The new St. Timothy School building was re-constructed on the expansive, rolling hillside of the original school, looking south-west over the Toronto cityscape.  St. Timothy School is very proud of its strong relationship to the St. Timothy Parish, located directly to the north east of the school yard. Sacramental preparation is carried-out in conjunction with home, school and church and members of the St. Timothy clergy are well-known to the student and parent community.

Today the school’s population remains steady, hovering around 600 students each year, representing a very diverse and culturally rich surrounding community. St. Timothy Catholic School continues to evolve and thrive.