For the second year in a row, the Toronto Catholic District School Board (TCDSB) will be offering a variety of additional Summer Learning Programs that begin the week of July 4, 2023. The TCDSB summer online tutoring program will run from July 4 to 21. Each week will be the start of a new session (3 sessions in total).
The goal of this program is to provide students in Grades 1-8 with a small group, online, synchronous tutoring experience in the areas of Literacy in English, Literacy for English Language Learners, Literacy in French, and Numeracy.
This online tutoring program will enable families to register their child(ren) for a weekly tutoring session (1 hour per day, 5 days per week) in one or more of the areas listed above. A maximum of 5 students will be permitted per tutoring session.
Here are the sessions that you will be able to register for:
Literacy in English
- Grades 1-2
- Grades 3-5
- Grades 6-8
Literacy for English Language Learners
- Grades 1-3 for Beginner/Newcomer
- Grades 4-6 for Beginner/Newcomer
Literacy in French
- Grades 1-3 for French Immersion Students
- Grades 4-6 for Extended French Students
- Grades 7-8 for Core French Students
- Grades 1-2
- Grades 3-4
- Grades 5-6
- Grades 7-8
Dates and Times
- Session 1 - July 4 to 7, 2023
- Session 2 - July 10 to 14, 2023
- Session 3 - July 17 to 21, 2023
You will be able to choose from 4 available time slots for each session. Your child will attend the same time each day for 1 week:
- 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM
- 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM
- 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM
- 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM
We have hired 170 TCDSB teachers this summer to provide these tutoring sessions. If you wish to enroll your child in any of the available programs, please follow these instructions:
You will be able to schedule programs until July 17, 2023 at 12:00 noon.
- Go to the TCDSB scheduling webpage.
- Enter the Parent Access Code (teach23) and click "Sign In".
- Fill in your contact information and click "Continue to Make Appointments".
- Click on the name of a program you wish to enroll your student in.
- Click on an available time slot.
- Repeat Steps 4 and 5 until you have scheduled all the programs you wish.
- Click on "My Schedule".
- Print out, email, or copy down your schedule.
Should you wish to drop a program that you have selected, click on "Cancel" beside the program you would like to remove from your schedule.
If you misplace your schedule, you may use your Confirmation # to retrieve your schedule from the website at any time.
If you need help using the parent interview service, please email email@example.com for assistance.
If you have any questions about any of our TCDSB Summer Learning Programs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.