St. Vincent de Paul Catholic School had a modest beginning in 1914, in a store-front on Roncesvalles Avenue, with an enrollment of 35 students.
In 1918, the Sisters of Loretto came to St. Vincent de Paul Parish. A new building, with the date "1917" chiseled into the gable, opened its doors to students on April 18, 1918 on Westminster Avenue. In the early 1920's, the "new school" opened on Fermanagh Avenue.
Over the decades, these two sites have known many changes of buildings; however, school personnel have remained steadfast in their dedication to providing education for the students in a solid, Catholic tradition.